Medical Digital Twin for Aneurysm Prevention and Treatment
MeDiTATe aims to develop state-of-the-art image based medical Digital Twins of cardiovascular districts for a patient specific prevention and treatment of aneurysms.
The main objective of MeDiTATe is the production of high-level scientists with a strong experience of integration across academic, industrial and clinical areas, able to apply their skills to real life scenarios and capable to introduce advanced and innovative digital twin concepts in the clinic and healthcare sectors. Recruited researchers will become active players of a strategic sector of the European medical and simulation industry and will face the industrial and research challenges daily faced by clinical experts, engineering analysts and simulation software technology developers.
The Individual Research Projects of the 14 ESRs are defined across five research tracks:
(1) High fidelity CAE multi-physics simulation with RBF mesh morphing (FEM, CFD, FSI, inverse FEM)
(2) Real time interaction with the digital twin by Augmented Reality, Haptic Devices and Reduced Order Models
(3) HPC tools, including GPUs, and cloud-based paradigms for fast and automated CAE processing of clinical database
(4) Big Data management for population of patients imaging data and high fidelity CAE twins
(5) Additive Manufacturing of physical mock-up for surgical planning and training to gain a comprehensive Industry 4.0 approach in a clinical scenario (Medicine 4.0).